Wednesday, April 29, 2009
My other paternal grandfather was a true blooded Taloctoc native. All that adorned his lean muscular body was a g-string which undulated with his every movement. He was as strong as a bull and sturdy as an oak. At age 70, he still trekked to the kaingin a mountain away from the barrio.
He carried bundles of wood like an agile, young man. During the evenings, we would sit all around the hearth and he would sing to us an "ullalim" (native song) about the legend of the "sleeping beauty" . In the mornings, before the cock has crowed, he would be up and about and already honing his bolo for a day's work in the fields.
When he passed away at age 92, I cried a river; but knowing that he is finally at rest, made me feel better . My wonderful memories of him will never fade away and will remain treasured in my heart .
APO LOMIWAN, we love you, and wherever you are, we know you're in good hands and that you are happy. Till we meet again!
Sunday, April 19, 2009
The Taloctoc dialect has a certain accent that is specific for only Taloctoc natives. The letter "T" is most often pronounced as "K"; the letter "D" is most often pronounced as a cross between "T" and "D" (a heavy "TH" sound).
English to Taloctoc
1. What is your name? Umma ngadan no?
2. Where do you live? Umma ili yo?
3. Please come here. Umali kaod atna.
4. I love you. Laydok sika
5. Where are you going? Umma ayam?
6. Look at this! Ilam kad de anna.
7. Go ahead! Ingkayon ot.
8. What do you see? Umma ma-ilam?
9. You lied! nantul-li ka.
10. You are beautiful. Mambalo(l here is pronounced as y)ka.
11. Why have you done this to me? Pamman kingwa kansakon de katnat?
12. Take care. Ammam pay.
13. Where are you right now? Umma igom sinsana?
14. Wait, please. Unniyan ot.
15. I hope you are doing well. Mambalo ka ot yan.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
|Dropper||# of drops|
|The Esoterical Journey||20|
|Good Life Review||20|
|Happy Steps travel blog||16|
|My Opinion Counts||15|
|Make Money Online Info Center||14|
|Mrs. Mecomber's Scrapbook||13|
|Online Money Intelligence||13|
|New York Renovator||12|
AND I NOW ANNOUNCE THE WINNER FOR THE PREVIOUS CONTEST - ZORLONE. I'VE SENT YOUR EC CREDITS ALREADY. FOR THOSE WHO DID NOT WIN , 100 EC CREDITS WERE SENT FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION. THANKS.