Thursday, December 4, 2008

I Would Travel in Style

In Taloctoc during my childhood, we did not have the luxury of any means of transportation. When I graduated from elementary, I enrolled in high school at the nearby town, Lubuagan. We usually went home during weekends by hiking through the mountainous terrain for 4-6 hours. The seasoned hikers would take the hike only 3 hours, but for the rest of the group, including me, we took our time basking in nature and the unusual biota around us.

There were wild orchids, flowers, and many unusual plants that I have seen only in those mountains. There were small streams bubbling through crystal clear waters, and delightful, cascading waterfalls were common. Nothing could match the peace and serenity one felt at the mountain top; it felt god-like looking down at the creation all around you, and being near to the azure sky.

Nowadays, the beauty of nature is no longer enjoyed by the young as much as we did before, as transportation is already available. There are mini buses and jeepneys now that travel the route from Taloctoc to the different towns like Pasil and Lubuagan.
I plan to go home in the near future and I would like to travel in style. A toyota would do for me, a 4Runner. These cars can have all the specifications you would like your car to have, like dual power seats, trip computer, memory seats, a navigation system, cruise control, and various gadgets that would make my trip comfortable and cozy as I would like it to be.

I would still stop and admire nature for sure, even if I am not on foot. I could also camp for the day if I would have ample time to spare. Toyota cars are so spacious, I could store all what I need for a long day’s travel.

They also come in various models like Toyota prius, Toyota Avalon, Toyota camry and in different exquisite colors like, black, blue, green and many others.

I’m sure it would be an exhilarating and unforgettable experience.



2 comments:

Warrior Momma said...

wow! that would be great.going around Kalinga nowadays is far better and safer as compared before.

Jena Isle said...

Yes , it would be. I surely hope so, Have not gone home for years now. happy blogging.

Google