Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Beautiful Women of Kalinga


When was nudity considered a crime and an act of public disturbance? Since people began perceiving it as malicious and a demonstration of bad manners.

In my homeland, nudity is not an issue. This goes to show that our perception of things affects the way we react. Look at this beautiful Kalinga woman who sees the world around her as pure and good. The men respond in kind and respect their women. We are more civilized than most people, methinks! Lol


These pictures are from a superb photographer Nats Dalanao, who has taken upon himself to record them as colorful and significant aspects of the Kalinga heritage. Thanks again Nats, for allowing me to use your pictures.

Visit his blog "Kalinga, the Land of the Brave" and read more interesting stories of the fascinating Kalinga culture.


2 comments:

ajchtar said...

It's all about perspective, if someone tells me that I'm fat and ugly as well as a hortrible sight to behoid, I'd say thank you for proving that there are bigger losers out there than me! hahaha..to one person I may be generous but to another I could be extremely greedy, but I'm sure there's one think everyone else who sees me can agree with... "I AM FAT!.....AND HAPPY TO BE FAT!" hahaha... tc!

Jena Isle said...

Hello AJ,

Hey, come to think of it, I am fat too..lol...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. and beauty is only skin deep. Character is still the best measure of a person. But who am I to "measure" a person? I am imperfect myself, so let's just accept each other as we are, right? take care. And you're not really fat. ..take my word for it.

Google