Sunday, July 26, 2015

Lubuagan and Its Poignant Memories

Lubuagan holds numerous poignant memories for me because it’s where I spent my early teen years.

St. Teresita’s School (STS) was where I pursued my secondary education…the place just remains indelible in my memory because of so many "firsts".

STS is ran by nuns. Yes! And I stayed in the dormitory for girls where strict compliance of rules is implemented.

We had breakfast at 6 to 7 am, lunch at 11 to 12:30, and dinner at 6 to 7 p.m. Any late comers won’t be served any meal. We have also to consume everything that was served, whether we liked it or not.

We prayed several times a day; before and after going to sleep, before and after eating meals and any occasion the nuns deemed it appropriate to pray.

Mass was held every day and we were “encouraged to attend”.

The Holidays of Obligation were compulsory mass attendance for us…or else.

Well, I appreciate all that I have learned from that Catholic institution because it has become a part of me now.

Here’s a picture of the school, courtesy of Demetrio Buenavista. Thanks for the pic.





No comments:

Google