Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A SLICE OF HEAVEN

Not very original title, but well, that is what I think about my childhood village - Taloctoc. It is a slice of heaven here on earth. If you have read the place Shangri-La described by John Hilton in his novel Lost Horizon; Taloctoc is one such place; clean, refreshing air, verdant mountains, rippling clear waters and peaceful surroundings; away from the pollution and din of city life. This is the place I wish I could live in right now.



This is the crystal clear waters of a beach in Mexico. The Taloctoc riverbank is also as clean as this one. Someday, I hope to go back there and bathe in my birthday suit ...(grin) and get some pictures too. I hope it is still unaffected by what we call "progress."

Image from: http://www.photoeverywhere.co.uk

2 comments:

tashabud said...

Hi jena,
Let me know when you go. I'd like to go, too.

Jena Isle said...

Sure Tasha, What about next summer vacation? he he he.

Google